The International Network of Societies for Catholic Theology (INSeCT) launches regularly three-year Global Research Projects. Below you will find an overview of the previous issues and activities.
2014-2017: “A question of gender justice: the role of women in decision-making in different areas of church and society”
Today’s global challenges – poverty, violence, war, ecological disasters, and human rights violations resulting from ethnic, religious, and gender discrimination – all especially affect women. Gender issues, therefore, require the special attention of the church and all disciplines of theology.
INSeCT wants to take up the call of Pope Francis who, in Evangelii Gaudium (nos. 103-104), urged theologians to contribute to an up-to-date theology of women.
- Some of the activities in the different reagions
- Summary of Proceedings and Insights of General Council 2017 on Gender-Justice
2011-2013: “Redeeming Power: Overcoming Abuse in Church and Society”
- Project Description
- Conference of ESCT and DaKaTeo in the Philippines
- Reports on regional Projects
- Publication: Theology and Power: International Perspectives. Edited by Stephen Bullivant, Eric Marcelo Genilo, Danny Pilario and Agnes Brazal. Paulist Press, 2016.